savor (v) - to taste and enjoy completely. // A bi-weekly blog series from our kitchen, celebrating the simple pleasure of good food.
This little recipe was inspired by the cutest little eco-friendly turtle straw that my friend William sent me from his new company Hummingbird Glass... it seemed to go perfectly with my current matcha obsession, so: here's an energizing and chilly treat for warm weather! With all the health benefits of traditional Japanese Matcha Green Tea.
Besides being packed with antioxidants, Matcha has been shown to boost metabolism, increase energy + concentration (bye Dory-days), and promote a combination of calmness and alertness...so basically you can be a chill bundle of energy.
PS - Just like in the Pineapple Ice Cream, I've found that the trick to getting the perfect ice-cream-y consistency is the mason jar method to make sure your ice-to-water ratio is just right. ;)
Low Carb + Anti-inflammatory + High Protein + Muscle Recovery + Gluten Free + Promotes Healthy Hair/Skin/Nails! (And I totally have green tea powder on my hand in all these photos...)
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop vanilla Shakeology
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 T gelatin (optional, omit for vegan version)
- 2 T matcha green tea powder (My favorite for value and quality is MatchaDNA Organic)
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk (optional)
- 1 tsp. stevia (optional)
- 1 handful of spinach (green smoothie option, not pictured)
2. Add your ice and water, then the rest of your ingredients. I absolutely love Shakeology for a superfood-packed and delicious protein powder, and MatchaDNA for quality and value. (There are A LOT of green tea powders out there! I've tried so many of them.)
3. Blend for about 30 seconds. Shake up, add more water, and reblend if it's not super creamy yet!
4. Enjoy! And be eco-friendly with your straw choices - you can get $5 off your order from Hummingbird Glass with the code LORDSANDLADIES because we love ya <3